Monday, April 25, 2011

blessed abundantly

I've grown stronger, not on my own, but with help from God =) It was Easter weekend and I had an amazing quality time with God. Although two days sounded short, but I was blessed in a way more than I can ever imagine. I too realized that it is important that we need to have the right heart to seek God and to rely on Him for every decision that you make.

Before the weekend comes, I was stuck in a dilemma. I wasn't sure if I should go to easter camp or not. Honestly, I knew where my heart stands. Is just that I don't have the courage to say it. yeah, I am weak and is pretty hard for me to say "NO" to others. I wanted to go away, to experience God. But I want to do something different this year too, somewhere I could really be alone with God. So, I decided not to go camp. Simply because is pointless to go for a camp that I know my heart would be somewhere else. Hence, it was just me and God.

Later the week, a few other people heard bout my plans and wanted to tag along too. I was alright with that idea, since is going to be a small group. But more and more people heard about it, and I was worried that they will choose the trip over the camp. Hence, I prayed. I pray that they wouldn't come if He doesn't want them too. Even if is just me alone, I am happy. A few people did pull out, and only one person was left with me, D. I'm glad =)

We were abundantly blessed in this trip. Firstly, we narrowly escape an accident (which I blame myself for) that could have seriously taken our lives away. Forgive me D, if you are reading this. That was really reckless of me. More details will be shared if you come and talk to me. Secondly, although the weather forecast did not seem so encouraging at first, but we had lots of sun on our way to Lake Tekapo. So much so that, we can walk around in shorts and sleeveless top. Thirdly, as we stopped by Lake Pukaki for our lunch, we came across with the vintage Zodiac road show! OMG! *hyperventilating* I love vintage cars and to see them on the road and able to take so many pictures with them before they leave (it was only a 20 min gathering), totally makes my day.

Before night falls, I prayed for a good weather to see the stars in Lake Tekapo. I heard God whispering in my ears that He promises the stars, but I need to have faith in Him. When the sun sets, I look up to the sky and saw those shinning stars, that He had quietly promised me before. I was totally speechless and dumbfounded.








No comments:

Post a Comment