Saturday, September 7, 2013

Fear of death

He was there, sitting at the edge of the bed with his body facing the head of the bed. With him looking as pale as before, hair uncombed, he seems to blend in with the rest of his roommate at the ward. From a far, you can tell that he is waiting for some one, any one, for the matter of fact. His wife, was on her way to the hospital. While we, his daughter and grand daughter, just walked in to visit him. Grandpa got admitted to hospital today, because his blood vessels were so clotted that the dialysis cannot take place. So the doctor had to send him to another hospital to remove the clotted blood out. Thank God that the clotted blood were removed, though I'm not too sure how that took place. However, I can feel his fear for death. 'I'm dying soon' was the words he uttered to me. I suppose he had a very long and hard day, but am thankful that he is physically and emotionally better by the time we left the hospital. He will be discharged the next day.

This makes me think of death. To be more specific, is the fear of leaving our loved ones, the dreams that we yet to achieve, or the words left unspoken that overwhelmed me. Do you?

Please keep my grandpa in your prayers. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment