Friday, December 13, 2013

Three (3) things

There are three things that I want to share today.

Today, a friend shared one of the key lesson she learned in life with me. 
It goes like this, with reference to the picture below, if you are asked to place a dot in the triangle that represents where you are at the moment, where will you put it?


For her case, she was told bout this triangle in a time when she was most distanced from her family. It was a terrible time and things didn't go well with her family. Not only so, there were only so little time left for herself. This message came to her at the right time, and it enlightened her that, changes needed to be made, relationships to amend. She took the message seriously and work on herself and the relationships with her family. Things were then changed for the better, it is a good ending for her =) Till now, this triangle is one of the key lesson in life that she hold on dearly. It helped her to keep check with all the relationships around her and make sure that she is not placing too much on one end and neglected the rest.

So that makes me wonder, what about myself? I think at the moment, my dot will be placed slightly towards self and family, though I am meeting up with friends at least once a week. I can not stay at home for far too long. I would be getting restless if I stay home for more than 2 days. Itchy butt I got, my mom once told me.

What about you? How are you balancing your family, friends and time for yourself?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Friends with benefit or temporary boyfriend? 
Since my birthday is coming, a friend offered to celebrate with me and he even asked me if I wanted any birthday present. Wow, sounds like a good guy right? Yeah, he is, unfortunately, he is attached. That makes me wonder, is this normal? Am I really the only overly jealous girlfriend that stops my bf from building any relationship with the opposite sex. By the way, I don't think so, I never stops him. However I do want him to keep me accountable... make sense, no? ANY WAY, back to the story, I kindly rejected him that I don't need any present, just a simple dinner and a nice drink after will do. Then he came and offer me something really crazy! He says he can be my bf for the day. HUH?! I was like, are you sure your gf will be happy bout this? And he replied, yes. HUH?!!! Right... what has the world become?! (maybe he lied bout the gf agreeing to this). The conversation went on with me asking more question bout it (I still cannot believe it) and then friends with benefit came into the picture. *gasp* I might have heard stories like this happening on other people, but never once I've ever imagined it happening to me. Trust me, just make sure your heart is not easily shaken and anchor to the Lord, then is really not that hard to turn thosppe temptations down. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Have you ever heard of a dog's heart beat?
I was placing my hand on my dog's chest just now and I tried to feel her heart beat. It was not easy to spot the heart beat at first. You need to make sure that it is lying down, then slide your hand towards the left side of the chest. If it slightly tilted its body up front a bit, it will be difficult for you to feel it. So you need to make sure that it is lying down on it left side, I think the heart sort of comes nearly to the skin when it does that, then slowly but surely you will feel it. It was just amazing to feel another heart beats, as it represents life. Life that you and me cannot give, it is so precious. The same goes with yours, be grateful and never take life for granted.


No comments:

Post a Comment