Friday, April 30, 2010

Dias (mama) and Lei Lei's visiting the Land of Sheep

Dias, a good friend of mine from Singapore, came to down to Dunedin for a short visit with his gf. He was an exchange student here back in 2007, and we met through one of my flatmate (Bavani) in Toroa. Man, that was like 2 and a half year ago. Time do flies and having him back here really brings back a lot of good memories =)

On the first night of their arrival, we had a little steamboat session at my place.

















The following day, I left them alone to have a little bit time of their own in town while I go for my classes and usual OCF. Only later in the evening, I joined them again at Robie Burns. It was great to have friends to go to places like this. I love Jazz. I love it even more when there is a Saxophone involved. Oh! One more, the rough voice of the old man dragging the songs. ME FAVORITE. It also reminds me all the reasons that I liked this place so much. Sometimes, you got so immersed with all the assignments and stress that you really forget to stop and enjoy the student life here (>.<) Felt a bit sad then too, every one have move on from the last time we met at Robie. I wonder if any one else would come back to see them play again. Not that I am trying to curse the musicians but they might not be able to play forever. They are a group of friends, at their sixties (I think), who got together and form this awesome band








We then walked over to Pequeno for some cheese platter and wine. Another place that brings back lots of memory..








Wanted to stop by Yuki before we head over to Monkey ut unfortunately it was closed. Went to Golden Harvest instead. SUPPER TIME! (^.^)




After that, we walked over to Monkey. However, since Dias forgotten his ID, only me and Lei Lei went into Monkey, which only lasted for 1 minute. Just for a quick look of how a church can be transformed into a clubs... We then call it a night.

Met up at their backpackers, the Central, the next morning. We went for brunch at Nectar, which was then joined by Andrew.



COFFEE~

It was fun spending time with them, they are such a lovely couple to hang out with. Am definitely gonna look for them when I stopped by S'pore in the future ;) That's all for now.

Love, Ginny

No comments:

Post a Comment