Monday, March 19, 2012

A woman's career vs her family

I was traveling down to Singapore to visit Gene this week. On the same bus that I took, I overheard a woman talking to her child over the phone. It was an early morning, she left the house even before her child woke up. They only spoken briefly. The woman was telling her child to be good and listen to the grandma, asking the child to write nicely in his/her homework, telling the child to study well and that she will be back soon.

It was heartbreaking for me, I do not know why the mom left the child under the care of the grandparent. Maybe she need to do some visiting or going away to make a living, but nonetheless is heartbreaking not being able to be with your child. I am not only speaking from a perspective of a parent but also from the child point of view. I grew up in a family where my father constantly travel out of state. He is an engineer with projects all over the state of malaysia. It sucks not having him around and having a fatherly figure during most of my childhood.

Hence, I swear I will not find a husband who only works and neglects his role as the head of the family and a husband. I am family-orientated person, hence my views maybe bias. However, I stand strong on my views and still thinks that family triumphs the rest of the priorities in the world (except for God).


No comments:

Post a Comment