Friday, June 7, 2013

Enlightenment

Situation: I was told by my best friend that E didn't really give her a good impression of him. She felt that the way he talked to me was rather mean. She thought that it was just her, but after the meeting, her bf actually told her the same thing too. When I asked her why she is only telling me now, she replied that is because we had broken up. Back then, she was afraid that if she told me then, it will affect our friendship. I guess she knows how stubborn I was.

That makes me wonder, am I the kind of person who is so stubborn that my best friend is actually afraid of telling me the truth? I think is high time that I look at myself and see if there is some thing that those around me is afraid of telling me.

Apart from that, it also makes me wonder, was I so blinded by love that I could no longer see how E had been treating me? Or is that who he really is? I was feeling rather afraid after hearing what my best friend had got to say. I was afraid of being those woman out there, who is so blinded and allow their man to ill treat them. Was I becoming one of them? Where was my dignity?

She was right, something is wrong, but I wasn't able to put my finger at it still. I don't think is just the way he talk to me. Any way, it had been months since we part ways, and I hardly remember what was the reason any more. There isn't a point talking bout it now. I just want to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment