Friday, February 8, 2013

Sexual harassment

I had a pretty long day today. I thought is going to be a cruise since I completed most of my major task. But then, so many things came up at the last minute. To top it up, I was harassed by one of the male staff. So not cool...

He did that to me few weeks back. I think this one of the thing that I wanted to tell Eugene but didn't. Why? Cause he was too occupied for me... Any way, back to the story. unfortunately, I was not the only one. All of the ladies got harassed too. He was warned, I seriously thought he would have learned, but I thought wrong again.

He came behind me and started swaying his hand behind my back, brushing his hand with my bottom. I was so angry and embarrassed. But ladies, please don't let it hold you back from reporting to the authorities. You deserve to protected and not harassed.  I pull him aside and threaten him that if he ever lay his hand on me, or any of the girls in the company, I will not hesitate to call the cops. I will bloody make sure he serve 3 months of jail, at the minimum, before get thrown back to Nepal. I meant it. Of course, he was terrified. He kept apologizing and says is his mistake.

Now that I think of it, I'm glad that I've confronted him and be brave to stand up for my own. Otherwise, things might just get worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment